Friday, October 05, 2007

Tea Swap 4

YIPPEEEEE! I had such a great time participating in TS3. I absolutely love this swap. As an an avid teapot, and cup and saucer collector - my teapot collection is well into the double digits, and my cup and saucer sets are, lets just say I have some real beauties - I absolutely adore the delicate beauty of fine china and I sit and knit after selecting the right teapot and it makes me feel like royalty! I remember as a child going to my first tea ceremony with my great-grandparents. And when I went to tea with my teachers Ms. Overtone, Mr. Brown and Mrs. Brown, I had a blast (so what my cousin Larry wore a powder blue suit, hey is was 1970 ok - smile). Oh and when my mom would let me and my baby sister have tea with the china my grandmother gave her (that my granny purchased in England), we felt like big girls!

Tea to me is a celebration. I still have tea with my grandmother - every chance we get. I even have my best friend and granny having tea with me and we sit and talk and I pull out my knitting and we have a wonderful time.

Well, now that I've said that, I have to call granny, to make our plans for tea tomorrow! Have a great weekend! Happy knitting!

Ceme

No comments: