Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Corey, Jr.'s baby blankie ...

My co-worker Corey and his wife became proud parents in mid-April 2007. Well, a lil over a week ago Corey asked me if I would knit Corey, Jr. a baby blanket - its a boy! Blue he said ... make it blue. Well blue (and anybody who knows me knows blue is not a color I'm familiar with, I mean I can do dark navy at the most) was going to be tough - dark, light, medium oh my ...

BLUE...

Well, off to Rosie's Yarn Cellar and to the Koigu mill-ends (that way I'd get every color variation of blue I could imagine) and with the help of one of the regular staffers (I'm so sorry, I don't know her name, but she was wonderfully patient and very very nice to me and my color leary self) we came up with this to lot to start with








and it grew into this


how'd I do? I have to admit, blue slowly became a favorite for me. And Koigu is another of my newest favorites.

Ceme

No comments: