Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I've finished some stuff too ...

1. Commission work. Spider Queen (Hex) from Victorian Lace Today. In Habu Cashmere, 5 balls, size 3 needles. Here she is blocking. This was worth every minute, every second and the forever wait to block. It took me about two months to finally get it blocked. I gave the finished project to its owner with instruction on how to block. She had it for about a month and then gave it back asking me to block. Well, it sat in the bag, wrapped in tissue paper for two months. Then my brother Joe and his lil boy Justin came over and someway, somehow it got pulled and stretched while still in the bag. I got nervous and took it out to find it was snagged in spots. I panicked and blocked. Viola! Perfecto!








2. My co-worker Charmaine asked me to knit a set for her grandson. She was easy to knit for, she picked the colors and said, go for it. This turned out very nice. I was a little nervous because the yarn was thicker than I'm used to (hey, I'm a lace slut remember), so it knit up bigger. Baby Surprise Jacket, booties and hat. In cashmerino, three balls, size 3 needles. I actually got this done in three weeks too. The buttons came from Carlins at 8th & Arch.





3. Jasmine's Jade Ramblin Row and Zimmerman Sweaters (I forget the name of the sweaters pictured, I think it was the June project). Size 3 needles, Koigu solids, multis from Loop, and a bunch of millends from Rosie's Yarn Cellar. I did the blanket first, trimmed everything in the green that I splashed throughout. The remaining yarns finished the sweaters.

Next time, unfinished projects ... way too many, but I don't care I'm gonna blog them all ...

No comments: