Friday, May 25, 2007

Adventure in coffee ...

I had a coffee adventure and need to share, but first let me say, "I've been a member of Gevalia coffee delivery for 11+ years and have tasted a world of coffee - Café Sperl - Viennese; Antico Greco - Rome; Café de Oriente - Spanish; Café le Procope - French; Kenya - African; Jamaica Blue Mountain - Jamaican; Stockholm - German; Antigua - Caribbean; Hazelnut; Crème Brulee; and Blueberry."

And now the adventure ...

As soon as I got the email I was included in coffee swap - and since I love Gevalia - I added to my auto shipment for my swap partner. I was so excited and decided to get the coffee order out of the way immediately and since I had an international partner, I'd get my entire package out on May 18, plenty of time - I planned it to perfection. RIGHT? I completely put the coffee portion of the swap out of my head and got down with the goodies. Yarn - check! Chocolate or cookies or both - check! I had a plan and it was going in my favor. The package was growing. I had everything, but wait … where's the coffee?

I logged onto my Gevalia account. My auto shipment shipped on May 11. GEVALIA! I'm mailing the package on May 18 (its going international). I always get my shipments within 5-7 days. May 18 is over, its May 19. Gevalia you said, it should arrive - ok, May 21. Whoosh! I'll be ok if I ship May 22. I repeated to myself "SELF" wait until May 22! You'll make it! Well, May 21 the mailman didn't have a box from Gevalia. Now, I'm going to have to do something drastic, I had to ship tomorrow. Starbucks - I don't like Starbucks! What about Dunkin Donuts - I like that, but will my swap partner - its kind of mellow. Time was up and I had to make a move. I was talking to myself big time! I called my girlfriend and said, I'm going to the supermarket tonight meet me there - I gotta get coffee - I mean they have that big coffee grinder so they have to sell coffee - RIGHT? But I need the bag to be factory sealed - just in case.

Well, here's where the adventure got scary - LOL! My girlfriend couldn't make it. I was on my own. I had no clue there was so many brands of coffee at the - Supermarket? I don't look for coffee at the supermarket because - DAH - I get it delivered. At the market I felt like a total - Idiot! I should have gotten Starbucks. My swap partners package was complete except for the coffee. Yarn, mug, chocolate, cookies - everything except coffee - WHY was I loosing my mind now - LOL! What was wrong with me. Make a decision C! Pick one! Starbucks (oh I don't like it)! When I went to the supermarket (some 11+ years ago) for coffee there were brands like Maxwell House, Sanka and Folgers - Maxwell House is good, but will my partner like it? THERE'S too many choices: Chock Full O’Nuts; Eight O’Clock; Folgers; Global Ground; Green Mountain; Juan Valdez; Kona; Laazza; Maxwell House; Melitta; Millstone; Nescafe; Nespresso; Newman’s Own; and Starbucks - organic or gourmet brands - I was dizzy and needed coffee - LOL! My eyes started watering. I started reading every bag/tin and even waited for somebody to come along and ask which was their favorite. 25 minutes later, no one! I walked on over to the Deli section (holding my breathe) scanning carts like a fool - when out of the corner of my eye I spied a cart with "Folger's Gourmet Lively Columbian!" I looked around for the owner - woman, mid 30's, looked like she knew what she liked - why did I grin, exhale and run back to the coffee aisle and grabbed the bag?

Joke, I hope you enjoy the coffee. I had the best time shopping for your goodies. I apologize for getting stumped with the coffee. Who would have thought it was the coffee "that made me sweat!" And em … on May 25 my specialty coffee arrived from Gevalia.

Ladies, let me know which "supermarket" brand coffee you like the best - just in case!

Ceme

2 comments:

joko said...

quite an adventure! you are right, there are so many coffee brands at the supermarket. i hope i picked something you have not tasted before.
your package is on its way to you!

Mama said...

Honestly, I don't ever remember what brand to buy because I usually buy a HUGE thing at Costco (Kirkland brand)and keep it in the freezer...At work we use Equal Exhange Fair Trade coffee and we get it through the mail.

On a different - but no less caffeinated note, have you gotten your tea package yet?